PR & Marketing Team
The Bayside Family YMCA is a charity committed to strengthening the health and wellness and transforming lives in the communities of Barrington, Bristol, Riverside and Warren. For over 50 years, the Y has responded to community needs with programs and activities focused on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. YMCA members are able to participate in health and wellness programs, utilize child care and be part of a community of diverse and engaged individuals working together to support each other. Our goal is simple- to strengthen the health and wellness and transform the lives of people in the communities we serve.
Bayside’s Focus on Youth Development
The Y has long been known for programs that keep kids safe and engaged. At the Bayside Family Y- we offer a variety of youth programs that teach skills
• Swim Lessons- The Y is the nationally-recognized leader in aquatic safety. We provide over 100 swim lessons each week for ages 6 months- 90! These lessons are focused first on preventing drowning and then on skill development.
• Child Care
• Summer Camp
• Teen JOIN (for families who have a child with excess weight) are all evidence-based programs designed to help individuals and families meet pressing health needs.
• Camp iAm (in partnership with The BAY Team – East Bay’s Prevention Coalition)
The Bayside Y is proud to be a strong community partner. Working together with local school departments, municipalities, businesses and non-profits leverages our resources and strengthens our communities.
Some examples of groups the Bayside Family Y partners with are:
- Barrington School Department
- Barrington Community Garden
- The BAY Team
- Bristol/Warren Regional School Department
- Bristol Health Equity Zone (HEZ)
- Bristol Warren Thrive by Five and Beyond
- East Bay Regional Prevention Coalition
- Warren-Barrington Rotary
• As part of our commitment to social responsibility, we believe that membership in the YMCA should be open to all individuals and families regardless of their ability to pay. In order to fulfill this commitment, we conduct an Annual Support Campaign to raise awareness and money for the YMCA Financial Assistance (YFA) program. This program subsidizes membership and program fees for YMCA members, and is at the core of our mission.
70 West St.
Barrington, RI 02806
Mon. - Thurs.
5 am - 9:15 pm
5 am - 8:45 pm
Sat. & Sun.
6 am - 5:45 pm
For your convenience, the locker rooms will remain open for 15 minutes after closing.
Babysitting Hours (available for Family Members)
Mon. - Fri.
6:45 am - 12:30 pm
Mon. - Thurs.
5 pm - 8 pm
Sat. & Sun.
7:45 am - 12 pm
Guests are welcome at the Y! To inquire about a guest pass, please speak with someone at our Front Desk.